An optional in-depth consultation for the student and family to determine their academic needs and goals, and improve the quality of their lessons.
How it Works
Assessments are done with the director, Lauren, in-person or online. We recommend these optional holistic assessments for families who are actively involved in a student’s academic success and progress, or when a student begins working with a new tutor.
A follow-up assessment can be done yearly, semesterly or as needed.
Assessments are 1 hour in person or online. They include a summary report, daily flow chart, study agreement, and internal follow up meetings between your tutor and the director.
100$ / assessment
All applicable taxes are already included.
Areas of Assessment
- Review previous report cards and IEPs
- Outline strengths and areas of improvement
- Establish objectives for the student at school, and at Genesis Tutoring
- Discuss the student’s relationship to organization, task-initiation and goal-setting
- Discuss the student’s learning style
- Document learning strategies that have worked in the past to inform future sessions
- Assess the at-home studying dynamic
- Assess student and family goals
- Optionally draft a study agreement or plan
- Analyze and organize the student’s online portals
After the Assessment
- A summary email is sent to the families documenting all areas of the assessment
- A personalized daily flow chart is sent to the student for how to navigate online portals and homework
- A separate meeting is made between the director and the tutor to discuss the assessment
Standard one-on-one tutoring is 60$/h (tax already included).
We offer a variety of other services at different rates. You can see our pricing here.
No, you may schedule as needed. However, you are welcome to schedule a recurring session so that your preferred time slot is guaranteed each week.
• All subjects for elementary and high school
• Calculus I, II, Linear Algebra, Mechanics & Physics, Chemistry, Deductive Logic
• Essay Assistance
• Organizational and Executive Functioning Coaching• SSAT, SAT and other standardized tests
See our full course list here.
No. Once we understand your needs, we can schedule you for a session right away.
If a student requires a more holistic approach, you may opt book an assessment to communicate goals and improve the quality of your lessons.
We require 36 hours of notice for changes to your session.
• Bring-a-friend tutoring reduces the cost from 60$/h to 45$/h each.
• Refer a friend to give each of you a free 30 minute private lesson.
Yes, we have bilingual tutors who can tutor courses that are in French. We also tutor elementary and high school French as a subject.